Monday, November 24, 2008

Obamas choose Sidwell

Barack and Michelle Obama announced this week that Sasha and Malia will attend Sidwell Friends schools in Upper Northwest / Bethesda. There were some that were hoping that the Obamas would choose a DCPS school. I, for one, was hoping that they would not.

I don't have any children, but if I did they would be enrolled in the best school I could get them into. Obviously, the President of the United States can get his kids into some pretty good schools. If the Obamas had chosen a DCPS school, they would have been playing politics with the future (and, likely, the security) of their children. And that would not have been OK with me.

In related news, a student told me he had figured out what he was going to do instead of graduating from high school. He's going to wait until Malia Obama is old enough (which, judging by the number of students I have with kids, is 13 years old) and then get her pregnant. Then he'll just live at the White House with the Obamas. Good plan, kid. I see bright things in your future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What makes him think Malia would evn talk to him, that he could get past the secret service? But then again, in his thinking, his new father in law could hook him up with some kind of work.