Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

Unfortunately, I got more than I asked for this Christmas -- specifically, a cold that is kicking my butt. But I wanted to write one quick post before going home and taking a nap.

My nerds (Yes, I call them nerds. To their faces. They're always like "we are NOT nerds!" to which I respond "yes you are, you're just not good at it yet.") are working on presentations this week. They'll be leading the review for our final exam which is next Thursday. Anyway, I wanted to share this interaction between two (admittedly, less than stellar) students who are working in a group together:

Student 1 (whiningly): We should, like, make the presentation really good and stuff.
Student 2: You gotta shut up because I made a New Year's resolution to be good, and you're making me want to smack you.


At least she made a New Year's Resolution to be good?

2 comments:

Daniel L said...

Nobody likes an overachiever!

Hope you and Ginny Weasley feel better.

DCSands said...

Haha! That's great. I'm getting a lot of similar things - "Mister I made a new years resolution to be good!"

... then why are you out of your seat, dancing some inappropriate dance, talking when I'm talking?


Found your blog through DCBlogs, by the way - good read.

- dcsands.blogspot.com